Our world is constantly changing, and so is our society. Social practices are changing all the time. What men wouldn’t dream of doing 10 years ago is slowly becoming commonplace. The 21st century man is able to express his feelings and emotions, cook, decorate, and dress stylishly, all while maintaining his masculinity. So where does that leave you? If you are visiting this blog, you're probably looking for some tips on how to improve your lifestyle. This is your chance to get started.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Simple Programming For Your Home Confuser

I started low level programming back in the mid eighties. (Yes, I am that old). At that time I was a kid and it was very uncommon for people to even have home computers, I had to suffer a bit of ridicule from my friends about being a "computer geek".

I continued to dabble in computers for years, but never really got to be an expert in any area. Over the years I studied a bit of C, C++, Java, and Pearl (just to name a few) and worked with mulitiple platforms including UNIX, Linux, Windows and others.

Although I competed a certification in HTML in the late 90s, I have used it very little. Just like a spoken language, a written one (including programming languages) is easy to forget when it's not being used.

As I continue to blog, I am finding that I need to re-learn some basic HTML, which can be confusing when you are used to other programming langauges, but it's just a matter of practice. There are multiple sites available for HTML if you need help such as htmlgoodies.

If you really want to trick out your blog, you can use your own editor such as Macromedia's Dreamweaver, but many of the sites such as blogger.com have made it easy for most anyone to create a blog in just minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger cedia said...

I agree. If you don't use it, you lose it. I've been wanting to learn MySQL/PHP but damn, have I been lagging.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger boabhan sith said...

...I make the old man do it, LOL.

That's the perk to being married to a computer tech...gotta have perks!

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Yes, I suppose that is a perk!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home