Our world is constantly changing, and so is our society. Social practices are changing all the time. What men wouldn’t dream of doing 10 years ago is slowly becoming commonplace. The 21st century man is able to express his feelings and emotions, cook, decorate, and dress stylishly, all while maintaining his masculinity. So where does that leave you? If you are visiting this blog, you're probably looking for some tips on how to improve your lifestyle. This is your chance to get started.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

To Blog or Not To Blog

Most of us using blogger.com have become well acquainted with the format and subjects upon which we discuss, review, rant, and even rage about; however it would seem that unknown to many of us, we are being watched and perhaps even studied.

According to Charlene Li, blogs are quickly becoming a source of influential information. Forrester Research believes that blogging will grow in importance, and at a minimum, companies should monitor blogs to learn what is being said about their products and services.

This being said bloggers are going to have more power than they realize, not to mention some moral and ethical obligations to report information that is true and accurate. Obviously if you use your blog as a diary of sorts, or a means to track your travels through Europe, these obligations may not be as important as say, reviewing the latest hybrid car.

My brother Robi, a long time blogger, has been threatened for content on his blog. He enjoys discussing and writing about political subjects that people tend to have very strong feelings about. In his words, "You just have to ignore the comments of those who are way out there."

If you intend to take your blog to the next level (get a publishing deal, take a position at a magazine, or even take a position blogging for a large corporation) you should probably mind your Ps and Qs, but if you just enjoy blogging, then by all means continue to blog about whatever tickles your fancy.

11 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your suggestion of using the staples to make jewellery is a good one! Now if I actually went out anywhere but work...
Was reading your previous posts and the Livestrong bracelets post intrigued me. I was going to purchase some but decided against it when I saw that they had become a trend. Cancer struck my family twice this year and I do not want to associate it with anything "hip" or "trendy".
Thanks again for stopping by my all-exciting blog.
:)

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Hi Barbara, stopping by your blog was my pleasure. I too lost a very close loved one to cancer this last year and another a few years ago. Again, I feel that raising money for charity is a great idea however it's done, but when others start to exploit it, its a shame.

1:22 PM

 
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Thankyou for stopping by my blog Neel, I always enjoy new visitors, even if right at this moment I would really like to bit someones face off....THis first day with out cigs is driving me loony...
;)

4:22 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

i cannot remember if i paid back the favor of your stopping by Neel.. just wanted to say hi and i hope you stop by again, your a dish. ;)

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Queen, sorry to hear you are feeling cranky from the withdrawls.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

tasha, i'll be by right away, we must both be online now!

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Hey Ms. Laughs, thanks for the compliment. You have a great site, I will be by again.

11:01 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

I used to wonder why ppl blog. Now I can't stop blogging. It can be the most powerful level of attention some people may get. To others, they meet many different ppl and make new friends.

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

I agree with you Cedia. I also think its a modern version of a journal, only interactive. You can write about what is going on in your life or your interests and discuss those things with others.

12:33 AM

 
Blogger iamnasra said...

You have point over here about the blog..I blog cause I dreamt that i could get a website..Then thought what would I have in my website..Anyways its good to have a blog for your thoughts...

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Hi Nasra, I didnt realize you had posted this until just now, I saw the newer post first. Thank for visiting.

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home