Our world is constantly changing, and so is our society. Social practices are changing all the time. What men wouldn’t dream of doing 10 years ago is slowly becoming commonplace. The 21st century man is able to express his feelings and emotions, cook, decorate, and dress stylishly, all while maintaining his masculinity. So where does that leave you? If you are visiting this blog, you're probably looking for some tips on how to improve your lifestyle. This is your chance to get started.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Musical Minded Meme

Thanks Gulnaz, I appolgise for not posting this sooner as I said I would. I am an amature musicain, I have been playing guitar for over 25 years, and singing all my life. I write songs, and at one time wanted to earn my living playing music, it is one of the things I am most passionate about in life.

Total volume of music files on my computer:
Few, I still tend to throw a CD into my personal CD player when working out, or in the car, of course I try to pick one that has mostly songs I like.

The last CD I bought was:
I bought about twenty while I was in England from December to March, those included U2's latest, Keane, Athlete, Franz Ferdinand and the Killers. But most recenlty I have bought the new Coldplay single, and Beck's latest.

Songs playing right now:
I still tend to play Coldplay's Rush of Blood to the Head albumb a lot. I am also quite partial to Keane and all the bands or solo artists I mentioned above. Usually most anything Bowie, or Beatles. I love Jazz, world music, such as Indian and Brazilain, classical, what is now considered Classic Rock, Drum and Bass, Bangra, some Rap and a lot of pop music.

Five songs i listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
I have way more than 5 but I will list a few.
I'm only sleeping - The Beatles
Cosmic Dancer - T-Rex
Yellowbrick Road - Elton John
Amsterdam - Coldplay
Sonnet - The Verve
Heros - David Bowie
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
Bend and Break - Keane
Wires - Athlete
There are many, many more, but I will leave it there for now.

Five people to whom I’m passing the baton:
(I have a few more than five)
Cedia, Lorena, Ms. Laughs, Robi, Transience, Gus Greeper, Mitzzee, Mermaid, M, Nasra, Nicole, Natasha, Sk8Rn and Deem, and any other who might want to take the this up. If I forgot your name it was not intentional, I was supposed to limit this to 5 but I added a few more.

39 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg you passed something on to me? but i haven't even slept with you, yet! ;) i kid! i'll do my best to post for you! so much pressure...jeesh!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Lorena said...

cool, thanks for passing it along. i will do it in the next couple of days :)

11:39 AM

 
Blogger sarah said...

ugh... OK.. i'll do it.. for YOU.

you have phenominal taste in music. i love bowie.. gurrrr... and coldplay and keane and the beatles and and and.. i think you get the point.

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Mitzzee -
Yes, I passed this on to you. No hurry, post when you can. No, you haven't slept with me YET, but there is always tomorrow.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Lorena-
My pleasure. Take your time, post whenever you are able.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Ms Laughs, that's weird you must have been posting while I was writing.

1:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you...so coy!

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

I like you too!

Strange thing about music and the mind. I remember when Valley Girl (the movie staring Nick Cage) came out in 1983. I remember waiting till the end of the movie and checking out what bands played on the soundtrack, then going out and buying most of them. I woke up with a Psychedelic Furs song in my head that debuted in that movie. I lost the album when I was living in Hollywood (Circa 1991), and I haven't heard the song for at least 10 years. How odd that I woke up with it playing in my head, so I went and bought their greatest hits today and listened to it.

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so remember Valley Girl with cage.....I also remember the lingo...."gag me with a spoon", "like totally like wow"..etc.etc.etc. as for the Psychadelic Furs....LOVE 'EM..."pretty in pink"...no i know! that's me! ;)

thx for the comps!

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Ms. Laughs, you have great taste.

Mitzzee, you make me smile.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

Awesome. I love music! I'll put up my post soon!

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Cedia, I would love to know what your musical taste is.

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

actually I would love to know what everyone who post on here enjoys when it comes to music.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger gulnaz said...

thanks for taking up the baton and it seems i did in passing it to you, you have quite a few ladies ready to take it on. :)

you are a musician!!! huge respect!!!

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Natasha, I am adding you to the list.

Gulnaz, thank you for posting it. I didnt feel as excited about some of the other ones going around.

2:17 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

ahhh.. I didn't catch the first paragraph.. was it there before??

I've always wanted to play guitar. One day, I'll play Metallica acoustic.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Cedia, yes, that paragraph was there. i would be happy to teach you if your bf wouldnt mind.

7:31 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

I'd really love to learn. I don't even know what kind of guitar to start out with.

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Oh a tip, this is what my blog is supposed to be about. You could start with a classical guitar because the strings are softer on your fingers than steel however, the neck is wider and the strings are usually higher from the fretboard which means you have to press harder.

An electric guitar might be the easiest to learn on, because you do not have to have as much strength in your hands/fingers when you are starting out.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

ahhh.. good tip. Thank you.

So your blog was supposed to be about that?? I think even a few here and there would be spectacular!

That's how you mingled with some of those rockers. That's awesome.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Well, it was supposed to give "tips" but I also have tidbits in my title which covers more or less everything.

I told you, I would tell you the story, in time.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger {illyria} said...

wow! did i ever tell you that i find musicians hot? not that i'm soliciting you or anything.

oh, wait.

maybe i am.

heeeee.

i'm so naughty, sorry. i'm sorta hungover.

9:39 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

Don't mind me, just a lil' impatient.

Wow.. transience.. your avatar animation scared me.... hmm.. kind of cool though...

9:58 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Thanks Transience!

Yeah, that is what caught my eye, her animation. I will email it to you ~C~.

10:06 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

i know i have great taste.. i think you're pretty damn dishy!

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Natasha, you are a little cuckoo!!

Mr. Laughs, thanks very much.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger cedia said...

Hey, Natasha! I'm here. Is it too late??

2:58 PM

 
Blogger Nicole Braganza said...

er....sorry i'm late...:(
I tend to get muddled when it comes to music preferences but I'll do me best an hopefully soon. I feel honoured to have the baton passed on by a great guitarist!!! Thanks

3:02 PM

 
Blogger sk8rn said...

Oh no! I just did my very first meme ever and it was terrifying. Now you want me to do another? I don't know why, but these memes make me feel really vulnerable for some reason. Okay, well, I'll do my best. It may take me a day or two to get it together. But thanks for thinking of me. ;-)

3:03 PM

 
Blogger sk8rn said...

Hey, I tried to right click to copy your meme questions and my computer said it was disabled. Very cool way to protect your copyright (though hard for memes, but who cares). Anyway, how did you do that? Brilliant. I would love to do the same for my blog.

3:06 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Hi Cedia, what are you up to today?

Hi Nicole, dont worry take all the time you need.

Sk8r, You can highlight then use the edit function in your browser to copy, i just disabled the right click. I will show you how soon.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

sk8rn, there was a loophole, but i have fixed, it so the blog is totally secure. i have posted the first hack on here, the second one will be coming shortly, in the meantime i will email the meme to you or anyone else who would like it.

12:37 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

So Natasha, you dont talk to me on here any more?

1:19 AM

 
Blogger sk8rn said...

Well, that was what was so cool about what happened. When i tried to highlight your post to copy it to do the meme, i got an error message that the right click had been disabled on your blog. Did you not do that intentionally?

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Well, you liked it at least. It has caused some wild banter in the meantime.

6:37 PM

 
Blogger DeeM said...

Franz Ferdinand is GREAT. I can't live without Miles Davis' kind of blue or joni mitchell's Blue.

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Neel said...

I love Miles Davis and lots of other greats like Billy Holliday, Ella, Frank, Django Rienhardt etc.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger DeeM said...

And Nina Simone, Charlie Parker's latin jazz cd.

7:11 AM

 
Blogger Neel said...

Yes, very cool!

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home